Monday, April 15, 2013

Horseback Riding

So Shawn has been wanting to get Camdyn on a horse for quite a few months now. I, on the other hand, did not see the urgency of putting our infant on horseback....So he finally got his way and it was less then a week before her first birthday. I would have to say I held him out as long as I could, but I didn't put up that big of a fight.  Apparently Shawn was about 2 months old when he first got on a horse with his Granddad. I had a feeling she would like it, but I didn't expect her to love it so much. She was giggling, cooing, laughing and clapping the entire time. She took a little ride at Shawn's parent's house on Tivio. Tivio is about 26 years old, so at least she got an easy ride. Shawn even got him to trot a little and Camdyn just giggled. She had no fear at all and even reached up to go back on the horse after we took her off and let her pet his mane. She ended up going around a few more times. The best part is that she did much better than me. After her little ride, Shawn and I went for a ride too. I got my chance on Tivio and he rode one of the younger horses. I actually had to use spurs on him to get him to go around the back lot. And now I have not been on a horse in about 18 years and had no idea what I was doing.  The horse Shawn rode has not been off the property on a ride before and she got a little excited. So my horse tried to keep up and went a little too fast for my taste....Let's just say Camdyn probably lasted longer on the horse than me. Here are some pics and a video:












No comments:

Post a Comment