So I have totally slacked off on recent blog posts, and really have no good reason why.....But I will say that we have been having a great year so far and have spent most of our free time outside, at the parks, on a couple of ski trips and working hard! I got a new second job at the end of last year and have really gotten settled into it. I now work part time at the same job that I have had for the past 5 years and then the new part time job at a retirement community. So two part time jobs equals a very full time schedule. But I like the variety and its been a smooth adjustment to the new job. In January I took a quick trip to CA to meet baby Zoey, Melissa and Scott's daughter that was born in November. We had fun catching up and Zoey is precious! At the end of January we took a vacation to Telluride, CO. We had almost a whole week there and really enjoyed the time off from work. Shawn and I got to ski for two days and had a blast. Camdyn really loved Telluride and even learned how to say Telluride, Colorado! We had fun playing in the snow and Camdyn got to experience snow falling for the first time and take many gondola rides too! Besides, Camdyn catching a stomach bug on the last days we had, we had such a great time and are already planning on making this an annual trip if we can. She may even be able to ski school next season.
Back home we have been spending lots of time outdoors in the beautiful weather with trips to the zoo and taking Liza for walks, Camdyn always wants to hold the leash. Camdyn loves to "ride" her bike and go for walks down the street, we keep meeting new neighbors since she is so friendly and says hi to everyone. She is learning about cactus and she points to all the cacti and says "owie". We love taking our bikes and bike trailer on rides to the park and out to lunch or Starbucks and taking Liza to the dog park.
February was a busy month for traveling for me. I went to Austin for my friend Lisa's bachelorette party and a fun girls weekend. I had never been before and really liked the city. It was great to see some of my old friends and roomies from when I lived in San Diego. Shawn and I then were able to go on a quick weekend ski trip to Park City, UT. There was a ton of snow and we skied Park City one day and Deer Valley one day, saw the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City and have dinner with one of Shawn's fraternity brothers- it was a jam packed 2 days. March was pretty mellow, we had a couple of birthday parties and zoo play dates. It was a really nice spring and we spent most of our free time playing outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment