Sunday, July 28, 2013

4th of July and Laguna Trip

We spent the 4th of July and that whole week in vacation in Laguna for our annual "Handerson- Morrisbach" reunion. It was so nice to take a week off and have a relaxing vacation. I had not taken a vacation, or should I say time off, since maternity leave. I was so nice to get a break from work and spend time at the beach. I was a little worried about driving in a car for 6 hours with a toddler that does not like to sit in her car seat for more than 10 minutes....So I decided that Camdyn and I would fly and Shawn could drive over with the dog and all the gear. Then I realized that I was flying alone with a toddler on my lap....well it least it was only an hour.  She actually did really well on the plane. This was her second time flying, but the first time she was only 4 months old. I do have to say that I am very happy we have an ipad! It was a nice week and we got to see my friend Lisa and her family and her sons are close in age to Camdyn and its always fun to see them together. My friend Camille was in Laguna for a month with her family and we actually saw them more in Cali than we do at home. We had our annual beach day and BBQ on the 4th with the Hannons and the Morris' and it was so fun to see Grayson and Colbie interacting with Camdyn. Last year she was too young. Grayson is such a good big bro and looked out for Camdyn too! It was a full house at my parents place with them, Eric and Kelli and us and then of course Liza and Eric's new puppy Ollie. Camdyn loved to play with the dogs and they actually got along well. We also spent one day at the Scripps Aquarium in La Jolla and to see the seals at the Children's Pool. The rest of the week we just relaxed at the beach and around the house.


 

 


 





 

 


At Scripps Aquarium in La Jolla
 



At the Children's Pool overlooking the seals on the beach in La Jolla
 






Camdyn with Grayson and Colbie


 

Playing on the beach with Soleil

 
 
Here's a video of Camdyn's first day at the beach and playing with the sand:
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment